Sunday 5 October 2014

Blogtober Day 5: Autumn Bucket List


I've decided to start Blogtober, albeit a little late, which means a blog post every day! Today is an Autumn bucket list.

1. To be able to get a good grade on my finance test.

Sorry this one is completely bland, but it's a biggie for me. It's only worth 25% of my final grade, but I've found that when I have had high grades in these, it has a stunning effect on the final outcome. Plus, it is half of my degree. But boy oh boy, is there a lot of maths. Ahh! "Perpetuity, time value of money, compounding"... What?


2. To experience the "real" Barbados

I'm going to Barbados for a week, next Saturday, and will be staying in the luxurious Sandy Lane where the likes of Jackie O, Simon Cowell and Rihanna have stayed. However I'd like to be able to get outside the resort and experience the culture. I recently caught a bit of wanderlust when I was interning at Skyscanner, a travel comparison site, and I would love to do a bit of travelling this year. Hopefully I can start with Barbados.


3. Bag a place on PwC Talent Academy

Apologies, yes another academic one. But if I manage to get a place on this programme it will really put me in an amazing position for the future. Plus it sounds like a really fun experience; networking, workshops, dinners.. what's not to love?!


4. Try a Pumpkin Spice Latte

A little trivial, but who cares. Yes, I've never tried a pumpkin spice latte, which is a big shocker as a self confessed Starbucks lover. But let's make Autumn 2014 be the year to break tradition!


5. Have a fabulous Halloween Costume

The last few years I haven't really done anything for Halloween since last year fell on a weekday (boo, uni night) and highschool discos in the years previous were a little... lackluster? But this year I have big plans. Costume ideas? Well maybe something a little plaid and "fancy"!


6. Get and binge on Taylor Swift's new album 1989

I'll let you in on not such a small secret: I'm a huge Swifty. And I would do anything to go to one of her secret sessions, but I'm not sure if that will be in the cards for me since the only ones that have happened have been across the pond. Sad times. But I went to her concert in February and it was the most enchanting time. Experiencing the Red era so late on was probably a little different to those who saw the start of the US leg. You could sense what was coming, and I'm super duper excited. I adore country, but I think the part I love about it is the honesty and the ability to capture people. I'm sure that's something Taylor will take into her pop phase. Here's to the 1989 era!

7. To be more present on my blog

And the final one is to post more on here! Hopefully with Blogtober I can make the habit to post more content. However, it is difficult with university and other general commitments. I am really enjoying being on here and am learning a lot from others.

Follow my Blogtober tag to keep up to date

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...