Wednesday 29 October 2014

My Halloween Costume Tutorial, Duh!

Halloween is just around the corner, and although it's not huge in the UK, I absolutely love it! Strange since it originated in Ireland and Scotland, where I live. The creative decorations, fun parties, Thriller on repeat and of course the costumes.
This year I decided to go as Cher Horowitz, having had the idea in the back of my head for the last five or six years, only being put off by not many people knowing what she was from. But of course, this year saw Iggy Azalea bring Cher to life in the music video for Fancy, and it seemed like a perfect opportunity for me to finally dress up as Miss Horowitz.


Make Up


  


The aim of the look was to appear, young and fresh faced, I mean Cher is meant to be 15 in the movie! That's the job of the Strobe Cream (1), and the Face and Body foundation (2). I then used the Pro Conceal and Correct Pallet (3) where necessary to clear up those nasty spots or areas of redness... Alicia Silverstone has gorgeous clear skin, I however need a little help.
The Select Moisturecover (4) concealer is great to illuminate the under eyes. I did so by placing a long triangle, from the inner corner of my eyes, right down to nearly the bottom of my nose and right back up to the outer corner. This will lengthen my face, and minimise the roundness, since Cher has an oval shape. I blotted this in with a Real Techniques Contour Brush, as it's a great size to get right into the corners.
I gently contoured my face with the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep, and Powder Blush in Peaches (5). I did so by creating a high tilted angle along my cheekbone with the Mineralize Skinfinish and blending the blusher from the cheekbone to the apple.
To create a longer and straighter nose, I used the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown (6) to recreate a straight thin line. I then used the Hazel (lighter) Professional Eyebrow Pencil (6) to fill in my brows to recreate Cher's flatter, full ones.
Lastly, to create a hollow, round eye, I cut the crease with Buck and Darkhouse, from my Naked Pallet (7) mixed together and blended it with my 217 MAC brush. I also used Sin in the inner corners of my eyes, sweeping it down onto my waterline, using the brush that came with the pallet.
For the lips, I slightly overlined them with the Boldly Bare lip pencil (8) to create Cher's famous pouty lip, before filling it in with MAC's bestseller Velvet Teddy lipstick (8): the perfect rasin 90's lip!
And for the final look, what do you think?





Outfit


Top to Bottom:
Wig- £18.99 from Amazon
White Blouse- Old school shirt from Topshop
Crop Top- from New Look (any crop top will really work)
Tartan Skirt- 50AUD (about £36, just a note, there was also a surprise £20 customs charge) from Blackmilk
Shoes- Black heeled loafers from New Look

The beauty of going as Cher is that you'll probably have most of the costume already. The yellow tartan skirt is a great, iconic piece and people will know exactly who you are, but if you don't have the time why not go for a few of her other looks that are easier to recreate? Here's a few pictures to inspire you!


What is it you're going as this year? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...