Sunday 28 September 2014

Glasgow Student Takeover Haul

On Friday I went to a "student takeover", or "student lock-in" as they're sometimes called at Buchanan Galleries. It has nothing to do with world domination by generation y, or anything. Basically it's when stores in a shopping centre join together for the night to have amazing discounts for students. There can also be DJs playing, a bar, and some competitions as last night had.

As you can imagine, I couldn't help but go and have a small splurge. Here's my buys below!



1. Grey Floral Satin Trousers, River Island: Was £42, reduced to £33.60
2. Black Block Heel Ankle Boots, River Island: Were £40, reduced to £32

I absolutely love these two new purchases; both are so versatile, yet so different. Here I matched the trousers up with a crop top from ASOS, as mentioned in my back to university haul, which brought them back to a casual look. I can imagine I'll wear them with a lacy crop top and some sandal stilettos for going to a bar. These boots are also a god send and very comfortable. The gold band where the heel meets the shoe differentiates them from a standard ankle boot and can easily be worn for a night out when the colder weather really starts to creep in.




3. Black Ribbed Turtle Neck Top, River Island: Was £18, reduced to £14.40

There's no denying that there's a 90s revival going on just now, from the Kylie Jenner raisin lip to tattoo chokers. I know I don't wear it as well as Steve Jobs did, but still, the shape and fit of the top is so flattering! It really could go with anything and for any occasion: work, a bar, club, shopping, the list goes on. Here I paired it with a velour skirt and houndstooth blazer, both from Topshop (no longer available), and plain black stiletto sandals from New Look (NLA).




4. Black Denim Collar Jumper, River Island: Was £35, reduced to £28

The main thing I love about this jumper is that it's so soft and comfy. The collar doesn't reach further that the join, so it's not overly thick and frumpy. I've put it with a pair of lace and denim shorts (NLA), to embrace double denim in a subtle way, and chunky white platforms (NLA), both from New Look.




5. Green Split Back Blouse, River Island: Was £32, reduced to £25.60
6. Gold Tone Plate Necklace, River Island: Was £8, reduced to £6.40
7. Revel Bold Curve Skinny Jeans in Pressed Dark, Levi's: Were £90, reduced to £63

These three purchases work so well together to create an outfit suitable for many occasions. The satin texture in the blouse is so glamorous and the slits up the back, vamp it up. In general, I'm not big on accessorising and will opt for the statement to be in the clothes, but I have been craving a necklace like this for ages and can imagine it helping to quickly glam up a day outfit. Finally, the Levi's: I have several other pairs that are all at least two years old. They have only just began to wear out at the knee and slightly lose shape, so that's why I decided to invest in another pair. There was an amazing 30% off, that I couldn't miss out on, especially for a wardrobe staple like skinny jeans.




8. Red Check Contrast Sleeve Shift Dress, River Island: Was £45, reduced to £36
9. Dark Red Zig Zag Quilted Purse, River Island: Was £17, reduced to £13.60
10. Chigwell Jelly Dome Bag, Accessorize: Was £42, reduced to £33.60

I spotted this dress on the "last chance to buy" rack and I had to snap it up when I saw my size. You can help but feel like Cher Horowitz in some tartan, and thanks to Iggy Azalea it has rocketed the look back into peoples wardrobes. The purse I'm holding in the left picture is a beautiful oxblood colour and has many sections to keep everything organised. Finally the handbag on the right hand side could possibly be my favourite of all my purchases. It is a beautiful rose gold colour, with a Louis Vuitton-esque print of hearts, letters and stars  and is made from a jelly material: so different to all my other bags, this one will have a special place in my heart.


Want to know if there's a Student Lock In coming to your city? Have a look at StudentLockIn.com which is holding many throughout the UK, or your local mall's website, chances are if there is one being held, it will be all over there!

Happy shopping!

-Jen


1 comment:

  1. These are mind blowing trendy shirt and shorts. Girl is looking very beautiful ever i like it very much.
    mehndi dresses

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...