Thursday 18 September 2014

MAC September Favourites

I recently went on a mini MAC haul, and have discovered some holy grail products in the process.

This summer I have loved the natural and glowing look, as long as it's soft dewy, and not "it's Sunday and I still have Friday night's make-up on". I found that MAC's face and body has been the perfect foundation to achieve this look, but I've been desperate to find products to enhance it. Finally, I think the search is over!

Keep reading to learn more about these products!

1. Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light 

                                     

                                 
The first of my five new loves is the Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light. It works perfectly with my Face and Body, which is a light to medium coverage, as the formula has a beautiful satin finish, but still fully hides blemishes.The selection of colours is also a huge plus; above you can see the range in the palette, then swatches on my arm without flash and finally with flash.
I have been mostly using the pale yellow for especially red spots before, either the NC15 on areas that light hits or NC20 for others. Also, the W10 works beautifully for around the eyes where I have a blue tint.
For an idea of before and after application have a look below, the difference is unbelievable:



2. Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel



Here is a gem of a find: Lustre Drops in Rebel Pink! As you can see the bottle is small at 18ml, but the dot, shown on my hand above, is all you need to highlight your cheekbone, cupids bow, forehead and chin. This also comes in two other colours: sun rush and bronze hero, which are more golden in colour and suited to medium to dark skin tones.
Below you can see the healthy highlight on my cheeks, created from this holy grail of a product.


3. Fix+


When I tried this for the first time, I swear the heavens opened and cherubs sang; it is perhaps my favourite of the September favourites. This is called Fix+, and is just as versatile as the Lustre Drops, but the functionality is broader.
It can be sprayed over your face before placing on your foundation/concealer, as a primer of sorts. This will ensure that your make up will be extra bright and dewy. You can also use it as a "mixing medium", something that will make your pigments, eye-shadows and so forth incredibly colourful and long lasting. Finally, Fix+ is, in my opinion, best as a setting spray, as it contains glycerin, which is slightly sticky and will ensure that your make-up will last longer. I promise this will become your best friend!


4. Kind Sexy lipstick and Boldly Bare lip pencil




90's lips appear to be taking over right now: it's all about dark nudes and lip liner. These two work perfectly together and create a subtle, satin look, despite the "matte" formula.



Here's the final look! All products used are listed below:



  • MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light: £35
  • MAC Face and Body Foundation in C1, 120ml: £28.50
  • MAC Select Moisturecover in NW15: £15.50
  • MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: £22.50
  • MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel: £18
  • MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep: £23
  • Bourjois Liner Feutre in Ultra Black: £6.99
  • Clinique High Impact Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black: £18
  • MAC lipstick in Kinda Sexy: £15.50
  • MAC lip pencil in Boldly Bare: £12.50

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...